Entry and immigration to Easter Island
New regulations to entry Easter Island
(update: DEC 2022)
A series of measures will be taken to make the reopening as safe as possible. These are the new requirements for visiting the island:
- You must have a round-trip ticket your stay on the island as a tourist must be no longer than 30 days.
- You must complete the entry form at FUI Online form
- You must show an identity card and/or passport.
- You must have a reservation in tourist accommodation registered with the National Tourism Service (SERNATUR) or a letter of invitation written by a resident or person belonging to the Rapa Nui people, which must be processed by the Rapa Nui Provincial Presidential Delegation.
- According to national park rules, you’re required to be accompanied by a guide when entering any national park sites, except Tahai and Anakena.
Accomodation registered in SERNATUR
As a tourist, you may only stay in a Sernatur-accredited accommodation therefore we recommend you check with your hotel, hostel, or cabin if they are registered with SERNATUR – Chilean National Tourism Service.
Make sure you bring a printed or online copy of your booking document to be presented at the moment of boarding. If you are not sure if your accommodation is registered you can contact the accommodation directly and ask them for the certificate. In any case, most of the accommodations on the island are registered with SERNATUR.
If you have no accommodation on the island you will need a letter of invitation written by a resident or person belonging to the Rapa Nui people, which must be processed by the Rapa Nui Provincial Presidential Delegation.
Maximum length of stay
All non-residents must show a copy of the return ticket within 30 days.
Unique entry form FUI
- To ensure a smooth and hassle-free travel experience, we kindly advise all passengers to fill out the Unique Entry Form (FUI) prior to boarding.
- This is a mandatory requirement that must be met in order to enter the country.
- The FUI can be easily accessed by clicking on the link provided below, which will redirect you to the appropriate website. Once there, simply follow the step-by-step instructions to complete the form.
- Please ensure to print a copy of the FUI prior to your departure, as this must be presented to the PDI upon boarding.
Rapa Nui National Ticket
The Rapa Nui National Park is an area that covers more than 40% of Easter Island and includes the most important archaeological and tourist sites in the area. In order to enter it is necessary to buy a ticket that will allow you to access and visit different places on the island.
- The ticket lasts 10 days from your first entry to the park
- The ticket is individual and non-transferable.
- Entry can be requested at any time by the guards. Always carry it with you
- There is no visit limit for the places, except for Rano Raraku and Orongo, where you can enter only once.
- Only children under 12 are considered children
ONLINE: The ticket can be bought online here:
HANDCRAFT MARKET at Hanga Roa town at the Ma’u Henua stand.
* From 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Saturday, 1:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.; Sundays between 09:00 and 13:00.
Foreign adults: USD$ 90 / Kids 7 to 12 years old: USD 40
National adults: CLP $20.000 / Kids 7 to 12 years old: CLP $10.000